Thursday 21 April 2011

Exams = Creativity

Exam time calls for creativity and that is exactly what has been happening around here. This time around there were a lot of creatures who were as jobless as me.
To start with...Creature Number 2 ( had a terrible Maths paper that I'm going to forgo all my love for the number game), my sweet big bro. At a safe distance greater than 20 kms away from me where only my voice reaches he found his so-called haven. With his internship supposed to be at full swing all he finds time for is to message and call me for all the affairs concerned with this world. For once, all those trivial things in my life caught his fascination or rather his imagination. All my naïve [;)] one-liners and messages were subjected to much speculation that I actually realized that the guy has not listened to even one interesting word I'd said in the last two years. Calls every now and then, confessing that the sole reason for the call was to bug me and leave me irritated for the next hour and a half, followed by messages was the usual routine. Essence of the blah I've written – Interns are jobless!
Creature Number 3 – My dad! Just like the pranks he has been pulling off from as long as I can remember he found the perfect timing this time around too. From pranks that had made me cry when I was 3 years old to now, that guy has not changed one bit and neither have I! I still fall head over heels for everything he says or does. This time around too the fall was pretty huge, if I can say that. Again at the end of this self-proclaimed belated April Fool's prank all that I have to say is, “ A few more days before you are paying heavily for this mister.”
Creature Number 4 – Or rather creatures. It has to be none other than my friends. Starting from the 5 days apparent study leave all of us have become experts at inventing ways of using time productively, as we refer to it. We started the 'study week' royally by going out for lunch to the closest available restaurant and came to the conclusion that we had to do this more often. All thanks to me, I must say! This time our usual antics gave way to new ones. The latest one that we came up was a poster! All of us were done making formal posters and so we just grabbed this golden chance to see each other on a poster. It must have been all the farewell hangovers. This graffiti up on my wall, which we now call the 'Ironing and Postering' wall, has been the interesting poster that we have ever come up with. With special art work from MG, it just showed us that second year wasn't as boring as it seemed to have been. All stories and nightmares have found a special place in this piece of paper so much so that our club juniors would have a terrific day out if they laid their hands on this. Though it just took an hour to do the work, it has been updated time and again with long-forgotten stories. With this up in my room, all of us take a minute or so every day to admire the work that has gone into it and just observe a moment of silence thinking of what all has been etched forever and what have been passing fancies. The DJ and the movie-dialogue sessions in the room has also come under ridicule. It just takes some random music to have me and Anju in splits. Maybe this is what is called exam hysteria or maybe just some not-so-random jokes. Another one of our favourite hobbies has to be posting rubbish on each other's Facebook wall and then deleting it as soon as the thread is over. If people find it weird, I don't disagree. When did I ever say that we all think normal?!
And for the grand finale... Creature Number 1 has to be I,Me, Myself! [:D] With just half my exams done and the other half still singing lullabies to me I have been finding time to do every other trivial thing or maybe not-so-trivial after all. Cleaning up the room for the umpteenth time, doing some laundry, chatting nonsense, packing to leave for home (which is sadly a week away still), an unsuccessful attempt at catching forty winks and now this... In the middle of the night with sleep evading me, surprisingly, I sit idly listening to some good music and watching the rain through my window... That sounds too romantic... Oh... Whatever! I guess its time to sleep after all.

No comments: