Friday 3 December 2010

Study Time

Study time in room 209 was always one to remember. I was presumed to be the acting teacher and then there were my roomies who sat through my hilariously confusing conceptual lectures. Be it mechanics, physics or maths (though in s2 I had one of the most awesome teachers of all times who was confused herself) I slithered my way through all that.
These sessions were informative like in physics I sat thinking about the various annels of quantum mechanics and finally ended up saying, "Hell, why are we even bothered about the dates. One person ends up finding something and another person comes along half a century later to disprove it and we as engineers are bothered about that. Why cant we just learn the right thing?! And beware you all, if you all grow up and find something that my nieces and nephews have to worry about, I'll come over and kill you all!!!".
Mechanics, on the other hand, was fun. Let me just say that it was a subject i loved. And I still remember that fateful day before s2 endsem when all of us were huddled together trying to get a grasp of every little concept. By afternoon, when I was mentally tired, of having to use my brains once in a while like this, my caring and loving roomies forbade me from 'taking a nap'. Well, had I been in their spot I would have done the same thing considering the fact that waking me up for studies can be more difficult than studying itself! While my roomies happily took turns taking naps I sat there pleading to the rest of them for a 5 minute siesta, but to no avail.
There were countless other subjects. Oh I almost forgot electrical. It was funny how in s1 I had electronics and I ended up teaching my roomies all the network theorems in s1 without learning it myself and initially my friends were gulping at how I knew all that and all I had to tell them was 12th standard physics or more specifically AO sir.
Anyway after s2 when all of us entered our different branches we also put an end to our small but fun-filled study group. And just as I thought that those days wont come back ever again I had a very surprising end sem. Maths still remained to be a common subject and me and anju ended up doing combined studies for that. Statistics and distribution were the topics and I still remember how we studied all that formulae. There was regression with me almost getting aggressive with that topic and finally how aggressively we had to regreesively fit those curves! All those Latin dance forms seemed better than Latin squares. Once we think we are done with two proportions we come across several proportions and in the end i felt like tearing up the notes into several proportions. And now even thinking about all that I am in splits.
Even during this time we had all the fun possible. This end sem was no different. There have been times when we used to play antakshari 2 hours before the exam or comment on jokes from malayalam movies, the most recent ones involved Punjabi House and Akkare Akkare. And our solution to excessive-studies-boredom was a dj session which ended up in robl (rolling on bed laughing)!
Now my combined studies involve MG and those sessions last barely 5 minutes before I end up sleeping. MG then packs everything and returns to her room fearing induction of this epidemic of sleeping! I can't blame her seeing how me and anju end up sleeping most of the time. Though we try taking turns sleeping and waking each other up all these efforts turn futile in the end.
Whatever it is, all that I can say is this combined-study or not-so-combined-study sessions are the only times I enjoy during exam and also my incentive after the exam- sleep...

No comments: