Saturday 2 October 2010

The Month that Wasn't

So much for my wish of eating mess food at 7 in the night starting 26th of September! What was to happen was the least i could imagine, considering my weird dreams that is so famous within my friends circle [;)].
It all started .....err..(I am extremely bad with dates,) one day when suddenly out of nowhere my friends call me up and ask me to come to the LH RC at 9 in the night for some audition and since i was pretty jobless at that time (as always) i went there to realize that it was the audition for the Western Dance team of our college. Finally after some gruelling sessions with the seniors and embarrassing myself (as auditions are always supposed to be) i came back to my room to notice that anju was missing. Well after searching the 5 rooms that she could possibly be in, i understood that the entire 911 was present in nidhash's room watching some movie. I enter the room and realized that i was the only one missing [:(] . Going by the antics my friends are famous for (only amongst us) i had to go through a recap of the entire audition once again though this time on a 25cm*25cm space!
So much for the auditions and finally practice started, or should i say practice continued. My friends started seeing less of me in the days to come. Well i cannot blame them. Then we finally made a pact that after i came back from practice at 11.30, i would go to Marilyn's room where everyone will assemble and we will talk and thus catch up on each other. I must say that we are a close group of friends who till today have had so much of fun just being in the company of each other and blabbering nonsense! While this talking and in some cases bickering was going on i tried munching my way through the chappathis that had been taken for me from the mess, to put in anju's words " Onakka chappathis". For sure, having taken them like 5 hours before, by the time i came back the chappathis had become as hard as stone. Well let me just say that it was a price to pay. And so by the time this talking and pulling of leg continues (mainly mine) self-realization strikes me " Oh no...Water, I need to take a bath guys". And i rush to the shower while my friends continue the chit chat, later to be spoilt by the entrance of the one and only me! This continues till 2 when Marilyn realizes how late it had become and kicks us out of her room asking us all to go and get some sleep. So after a good night and some more leg-pulling we retreat to our respective rooms. Then after that till both of us fall asleep, me and anju would be talking of the day's things that we had missed and more chances of leg pulling. It appears that 911's favourite pastime was pulling each other's legs and sometimes one's own. Weird, i know.
But as time progressed and work load increased, i came back to see that the bed next to mine would be occupied with somebody already dreaming of being in AUH with family or at least that is the subtlest version that i come up with [;)]. Being a EEE student was taking a toll on anju and i did not want to disturb her slumber but she always assigns me with the job of waking her up when i come back so that she can stay up the entire night doing class work. But after an hour or so i just give up. After all how can i wake up anyone? Known to be ' The Sleeping Queen' of our floor last year and having received comments like ' eternally on the bed even a day before exams' , how could i possibly awaken somebody?! It all depended on much work anju had to do and considering the branch she was in , everything was just hypothetical. But in the final week there was a change in fortune with all my friends swarming to my room at 12 and sympathizing with my troubles (according to them) and telling me that i would be able to live a normal life after the 26th. Come to think of it, it was a hectic schedule! Getting up in the morning, rushing to college, sitting in class and making four liners (which i was supposed to do the previous night according to my deadline) and messaging all the IPF girls and ya how could i even miss, messaging Marilyn all funny coded things that only both of us could comprehend ( for the safety of both of us), waiting outside ELHC for Marilyn and then walking back talking crap as usual, changing and leaving for practice which continued till 11 in the night, coming back to 312 and getting sympathized. But after all this me and anju used to sit and talk about the Mock GD of IPF and what all i had missed out on. The funniest thing was that though the GD was only for 3 hours each day we ended up talking and commenting about it for hours together! Life was fun. [:)]
Life had been going on like this till the 23rd when some things happened in college, to put it in Arthur Hailey's words, i felt as if history was being made in front of my eyes. Though i must confess that i had rather not have such history being made! Anyway the repercussions of that resonated into something least expected. So much so that i had to call up anju from train and ask her to pack my bag and send it with Varun so that i could pick it up from IIM on my way back. The weekend i spent at NIT trichy was enjoyable though i missed 911 really badly and i kept on messaging them because of which in two days i spent around 50 bucks courtesy roaming! Well now that i ended up at home all that i am sad about is not having been there to see off my friends but now thanks to gtalk's call i have been talking to anju almost every other day for around 5 hours! The funniest thing is that i am still indecisive on whether i had ever want such a month back in my life....well all that i can say is not at the cost of having fun with friends and just having to listen to the fun everyone has!

No comments: